All the apps discussed below are free for Apple or Android smart phone users. However, premium type memberships are available for a monthly payment to unlock other resources.
- MyFitnessPal – has thousands of foods and beverages in its database to assist you in calculating your total calories, macros, vitamins or whichever goal you are trying to reach with just a touch of a button or by scanning the items barcode. In addition, track your energy expenditure by recording your physical activity throughout the day. Set goals for yourself in the app and let it do the rest for you! Looking for new recipes? MyFitnessPal can provide ideas for you that also go along with a healthy lifestyle.
- Fitbit – similar to MyFitnessPal, Fitbit has ample food and beverage options in its database for you to record your daily intakes and stay on track with your goals. Of course, having a Fitbit watch is beneficial with this app as it connects all your physical activity automatically so you can monitor your energy expenditure as well.
- MyPlate Calorie Tracker – It focuses on counting calories and is based on the idea that “tracking calories is the foundation of every successful diet.” MyPlate uses “the world’s largest database” to provide users with calorie counts, nutritional information, serving sizes and suggestions for healthy foods based on dietary preferences and daily caloric goals. MyPlate Calorie Tracker also can provide ideas for your workout routines as well as healthy recipes!
- Baritastic – The Baritastic app allows you to set reminders for meals, snacks, and fluid consumption. It provides a forum to log daily food and fluid intake, weight loss, and inches lost! Not only is it a great tracking tool, it also provides access to many other resources.
- Fooducate – With Fooducate, you can track your calories, macros, and workouts, plus get motivated, share diet tips and recipes with a community of health and wellness enthusiasts. Download the app & start your journey today! An all-in-one diet tracker, calorie counter, and nutrition coach that fits in your pocket.
Contact Bhatti Weight Loss Center
If you are struggling to lose weight or have questions about your weight loss options, contact the team at Bhatti Weight Loss today!