Lose weight and keep it off - without surgery. Orbera® helps patients lose 3x the weight of diet and exercise alone. In our experience, most of our patients lose 10-20% of their body weight. This is not guaranteed and can vary, but Orbera® is an attractive weight loss options for those who have tried everything else and need a little boost in their weight loss journey.
Orbera® begins with a gastric balloon inserted into the stomach and filled with a sterile saline solution. The balloon takes up enough space in your stomach to help you adapt to healthier portion sizes. During this time, you begin your new diet and exercise program. In 6 months, the balloon is removed with a non-surgical procedure. Afterward, you continue your new diet and exercise program for at least 6 more months, to keep the weight off.
Bhatti Weight Loss physicians have helped nearly 50 people to lose weight and keep it off with the Orbera balloon. We will sit down with you to discuss your options and help you every step of the way with personalized support for your diet and exercise program.
- Want a "boost" to kickstart a lifestyle change
- Are willing to follow a diet and exercise routine for 12 months
- Have a BMI of 30-40 (generally)
- Have tried fad diets, exercise programs and other non-surgical or medical weight loss options on their own and nothing works
Are you motivated?
- Are you excited to lose weight?
- Are you ready to make a commitment?
- Is this a good time in your life for a major change?
- What have you learned from past attempts?
Orbera® is not the right fit for you if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or have had the following: diabetes, gastroparesis, Barrett's esophagus, heart disease, blood clot, previous bariatric surgery, cirrhosis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). If you're unsure if you qualify for Orbera® or any other non-surgical weight loss option, please contact our team for a consultation. The most common side effects from Orbera® are nausea, vomiting and heartburn. These are typically treatable in the short term and fade over time.
For full safety information, download the Orbera Patient Information Booklet